Lexus International Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 5060432) with registered office at Lexus House, 182-185 Dudley Road, Wolverhampton, WV2 3DR, England, U.K.
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
What information might be held about you?
Information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
- Purchase products through the Website, over the phone or in store;
- Submit rate and reviews;
- Use Lexus applications on social media;
- Use the Lexus mobile shopping application;
- Enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting;
- Sign up to any marketing/newsletters, this includes by email and SMS;
- Use our customer services web-chat facility;
- Information you provide our partners and when you report a problem with the website;
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services;
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them;
- Your IP address;
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access;
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
Information we request and hold includes but is not limited to the following:
- Your name, age, date of birth, sex;
- Billing and delivery postal addresses;
- Payment card details;
- Phone and fax numbers;
- Email addresses;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Browsing and shopping activities;
- Your customer queries.
Lexus or any third-party processor who are acting on our behalf may use your personal data provided in the following manner:
- To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and to administer any promotions such as competitions and prize draws;
- To monitor and improve the services and any Website;
- Unless you have not consented to, we may use your personal data to inform you by post, email, SMS or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from our retail channel and Lexus International Group of Companies.
- To manage your marketing preferences;
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order;
- If you purchase goods on the Lexus website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product;
- To verify your identity;
- In certain circumstances, to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information;
- Market research purpose;
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes;
- To assist with any of your customer queries;
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations;
- To provide an e-Receipt for an in-store purchase;
- To provide you with tailored/behavioural advertising using cookies on the Website. This means that we have your agreement to store information about the products you have viewed or purchased so that we are able to make the adverts you see more relevant to you. If you do not want to receive tailored advertising, or do not wish for any of your information to be processed using cookies, please refer to the section on Cookies;
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and we may share your personal information with such third parties as are necessary to enable us to do such checks. The third parties, which may include credit reference agencies, may keep a record of the information provided;
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third-party service providers for processing and fulfillment of your order;
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes;
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body;
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only;
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Lexus International Group of Companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- We do pass your details to Medical Care Essentials c/o Lexus International approved Customer Service centres, who adhere to the UK Data Protection Acts 1998, and who will use this data solely for answering your customer service queries;
- We may pass your information to third parties to fulfill and/or despatch your orders. The third-party provider may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfillment of your order;
Payment Card details
We process your payment card details to complete your purchase that you made through the Website, mobile applications and in store. There may be certain instances where we disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
We have partnered with various third-party companies that are trusted to provide goods and services to you. These goods and services can be accessed through links on our Website to the third-party company's microsite.
A microsite is a website which is owned and operated by a third-party company but is Lexus branded. Please note that these microsites may be governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies and must be reviewed before use.
You may opt-out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
You may opt-out from any SMS marketing by using the suppression codes located on the marketing text messages.
Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to deceive someone into giving sensitive information. In most cases, phishing will take the form of emails, which purport to be from a known company and ask the recipient to send their private information. This information is then used for identity theft and fraud.
Lexus will only ask you to send personal details by email if it is responding to a query you have sent online, and these details are needed to answer your query properly. In this case, there will be a unique reference number in Lexus email to you, which refers to your original query. Lexus will never ask you to send any personal details by email unless you have contacted Lexus first. If you have not contacted Lexus, please ignore any email claiming to be from Lexus which asks for personal details and let us know about it.
If Lexus ever requires your personal information other than when you have already contacted Lexus with a query, for security reasons we will ask you to give us a call.
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
- For marketing purposes e.g. to display personalised banner;
- To identify you as you navigate around our site and to monitor your journey and record sales. This will enable us to identify issues and improve your journey;
- To provide site usage information, which together with purchase information, will help us improve and develop the products and services we offer;
- To ensure that items are placed into your Shopping Basket and your order is processed correctly;
- You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies. Further information can be found on www.aboutcookies.org to learn how to disable cookies or opt out of their usage. Please note that some cookies are essential to shop on the Website and if you do reject cookies this may impair the functionality of the Website and may mean that you are unable to shop on the Website;
- At no point do our cookies or those of our third parties store your personal payment information.
What types of Cookies do we use?
Our site uses session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies operate from the moment you log on to the site until the moment you log off. Once you log off session cookies are deleted. Persistent cookies will not be deleted after each session.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential to our site, if these are disabled, your experience on our site may be interrupted. You may also not be able to use a shopping basket or make payment.
- Performance Cookies collect anonymous data about visitors. We use the data to improve your future experience and identify issues that you may be experiencing.
- Functionality Cookies customise the look and appearance of our site. For example, a functionality cookie will remember your username and language preferences next time you visit.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies deliver advertisements which are tailored to your web activity. A targeting cookie tracks what you click on whilst on our site and may share details of what you click on with other organisations such as advertisers. These cookies can also help us to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Third party cookies may be used on our website by approved organisations to provide services on our website.